Hey SA lovers!
It's that time of year when the world falls in love which means you need to spoil your boo ASAP!
OK slow your roll, before you race out the door scrambling for ideas (and probably wasting money on last minute splurges) see below 5 ways you can celebrate love in San Antonio:
- Progressive Dinner: A fun way to extend the night by hopping from you and yours' favorite spots in the city. Start by getting cocktails and your favorite bar, tap out then head to your appetizer location- here you can each name 2 things you appreciate about each other. After that make your way to the entree location and spend a good hour or so enjoying your favorite place to have a meal in San Antonio. Finally, dessert awaits-walk, ride or skip to the final destination to enjoy the best part of the meal.
- Date Night In: What's better than indulging in your favorite meal? Indulging at home, in your PJ's! Order take out and plan a fun activity like 'painting with a twist' with your favorite person/people.
- Be A Tourist In Your Town: See the sights and make memories together by experiencing the city you live in like an out-of-towner! Today, more than 2.5 million people a year visit the 4.2-acre Alamo site which means we live in a pretty special place.
- Go Dancing: Regardless if you have the moves like Jagger, dancing is romantic and fun and adventurous all in one! Hold your partner tight and sway to the best live music San Antonio has to offer.
- Book A Staycation: I personally have a bucket list of hotels I want to stay at: Hotel Emma, Hotel Havana and the La Cantera Resort and Spa to name a few. Kick back, order room service, bring board games and reminisce on the finer things in life: like love.
Whether you could care less about Valentine's Day or you simply LIVE for it, there's never a wrong time to celebrate the ones you love. Last night, I threw a Galentine's Day Party with some of my closest girl friends and my heart was so full. The night was filled with good conversation, R&B classics, champagne and cheese, complete with chocolate covered strawberries all in the comfort of my home-AKA comfy clothes required.
At the beginning of the video I mentioned how AWESOME The San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo is, and it REALLY is and you should go. If you love animals, love good food, love your city, love to shop, love to give back, make a difference in the lives of children then the rodeo is the place for you. Last year was my first rodeo and I didn't know what to expect, but what I found after I left was an appreciation for the volunteers and sponsors that put on the rodeo all for an incredible cause. The integrity of the people serving and managing the rodeo truly is incomparable. Oh, and it happens to be a blast. Fun for all ages, all types of people, all shapes, sizes, colors and background.
Let's Rodeo San Antonio and Happy Valentine's Day.