A Tropical Storm Warning in effect until 12:15 CDT for San Antonio.
- Wind threat
- Peak wind forecast; expect 25-35 mph with gusts to 40 mph.
- Current Threat to Life and Property: Moderate
- Remain braced for the reasonable threat for strong tropical storm force wind of 58 to 73 mph.
- Concern for Flooding Rain
- Flash Flood Watch remains in effect
- Peak rainfall could be 6-10 inches with locally higher amounts.
- Current threat to life and property: High
- Rivers and tributaries may rapidly overflow their banks in
multiple places. Small streams, creeks, canals, arroyos,
and ditches may become dangerous rivers. In mountain areas,
destructive runoff may run quickly down valleys while
increasing susceptibility to rockslides and mudslides.
Flood control systems and barriers may become stressed.
- Flood waters can enter many structures within multiple
communities, some structures becoming uninhabitable or
washed away. Many places where flood waters may cover
escape routes. Streets and parking lots become rivers of
moving water with underpasses submerged. Driving conditions
become dangerous. Many road and bridge closures with some
weakened or washed out.
Stay connected with News Radio 1200 WOAI. Live coverage happening right now.