June 1st is National Donut Day, which means tomorrow there are lots of freebies and deals on the tasty pastries. The holiday goes back to 1938, when it was established to honor The Salvation Army Donut Lassies, women who served the sweets to soldiers during World War I. And here’s where you can find the doughy deals for National Doughnut Day this year:
- Dunkin' Donuts - Score a free classic doughnut when you buy any beverage Friday, while supplies last.
- Edible Arrangements: They have new Edible Donuts made with granny smith apples, chocolate and a variety of toppings. On Friday, get a free “doughnut” and from June 2-6 any size or combo is buy-one-get-one free.
- Krispy Kreme - Get a free doughnut Friday, no purchase necessary.
- Papa John's: Get a free order of their warm donut holes Friday with any online purchase. Starting June 2, use promo code DONUT for a free order with any purchase of two pizzas.
- Shipley Do-Nuts: Get one free glazed do-nut Friday from 5 a.m. to noon for what the Texas-based chain is calling “National Do-Nut Day.”
- Walmart - Come by Friday for a free glazed doughnut
See the full list here